Initial consultation: I regularly provide an initial consultation, over the phone, of up to 15 minutes for free. The actual call will take longer since I have to gather information from you and provide some required disclosures.
What is covered?
- All activity on your matter
- Phone calls, email, and letters
- Record reviews – generally we can discuss a flat fee once I see the state of your records [[make link to record-keeping page]] or the use of a junior person to organize your records at a greatly reduced fee
- Travel time, except that I do not charge for local travel time (under ½ hour actual one-way from my office) or for time commuting into Manhattan from NJ for a meeting in Manhattan.
- Expenses are additional, charged at my actual cost
- No charges for domestic phone calls, faxes, or US mail.
- No charges for local travel, as described above
Retainer: a retainer in the amount of 4-10 hours of work is required, which we can discuss during the initial consultation.