Special event honoring Catherine Maurice
Every parent of a child on the spectrum knows the name Catherine Maurice. Her book, “Let Me Hear Your Voice,” is a literary landmark in the field that has touched almost every parent I know.
In a rare public appearance made even more rare because it’s parent-driven, Catherine Maurice will be honored by REED Academy at their 7th Annual Fall Night Out. The theme this year is Denim & Diamonds [invitation – PDF], bringing a more festive atmosphere to the gala.
What’s it going to be like?
In addition to a sit-down dinner, full open bar, live music, beautiful view, complimentary valet parking, a coveted guest speaker, cool live jazz, and the opportunity to go out in your best jeans and have a good time, we have numerous exclusive auction items that you can’t just buy anywhere.
Dance in a Broadway show. Take a break from the cold this winter in the Bahamas. Surprise the family with tickets to the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards. Walk the Red Carpet and attend a private party at a New York premiere of Wall Street 2. It’ll all be there!
(I’ll post a sampling of the auction items at the bottom of this post.)
When & where is it?
The event is on Saturday night, November 14th, from 7 pm to 11 pm at the Newark Club in Newark, NJ.
How can I register or donate?
- You can register online at www.reedacademy.org.
- Here is a direct link to the registration page.
If you are unable to attend, you can use the same registration page — just put in 0 tickets and your donation amount as an “additional donation.”
- Mail in the response card to REED Academy, ATTN: Denim and Diamonds, 85 Summit Avenue, Garfield, NJ 07026.
Tell me about these auction items.
Our amazing auction items include:
- 2 tickets plus a WALK-ON! role (amounts to a DANCE-ON, really) as a member of the Tribe and a backstage pass to Hair, The Musical on Broadway
- 4 tickets to Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in L.A.
- 2 tickets Wall Street 2 Premiere in NYC (including red-carpet walk, screening, and after-party)
- 2 tickets to Jerry Seinfeld/Bruce Springsteen Autism Speaks Benefit at
Carnegie Hall, November 17th
- 2 tickets to March Madness Final 4
- 4 days/3 nights at February Point Resort Estates, Great Exuma in a 3 bedroom luxury oceanfront villa
- 7 days/6 nights in Bimini Resort & Casino, Bahamas in a 2 bedroom suite
- Golf at exclusive private clubs, including Trump National and Ridgewood Country Club
- 4 days/3 nights, Marriott Mountainside, Park City, Utah at the base lodge, ski in/ski out
- 10 tickets to NJ Devils game (lower level seating)
- Disney vacation package for 4, including airfare, hotel and park passes
- 24-hour babysitting/respite care with REED staff!
Plus electronics, jewelry, overnight hotel stays in NYC, sporting event tickets (Yankees in the YES Suite, Knicks courtside, great Jets seats), the hottest show tickets (the newest Broadway shows, VIP passes to the Jon Stewart Show, etc.), fabulous NY and NJ restaurant certificates, designer goods, great holiday gifts for the kids, valuable autographed sports memorabilia (NASCAR helmet signed by all racers at Daytona 500!), and much, much more!
And of course, you get to take advantage of the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children with autism, who work so hard every day to learn so many skills that come naturally to most. Meet the parents and staff of REED, and learn about science-based intervention for autism. Here’s REED’s most recent newsletter (PDF, 5mb). We hope to see you there. Thank you for your support!
I am a supporter of REED and this is an organization built from the ground up by a whole bunch of dedicated parents and friends. They work extremely hard to support the school and at the same time managing their time at home supporting their children with autism. I am looking forward to another event and encourge all to meet these wonderful people who have wonderful kids. Valentina